Wondering how to unlock your inner wisdom? Here’s a simple post on how to incorporate oracle and tarot cards into your spiritual journey for soul discovery.
Hey there, fellow seeker of inner wisdom and spiritual growth! If you’ve been curious about delving into the world of oracle and tarot cards. Then, you’re in for a transformative and enlightening journey. Despite what may be negatively portrayed in movies or said in certain religions. These powerful tools can help you unlock the secrets of your soul, gain insight into your life’s path, and connect with your inner self on a deeper level.
With that being said, in this blog post we’ll walk you through the basics of how to incorporate oracle and tarot cards into your spiritual journey for soul discovery. As well as include popular ways to start using the cards for guidance.
Quick Disclaimer: Nothing can predict the future. However, it can be speculated, based on present information. Therefore, Oracle and Tarot cards show the most likely outcome, depending on what is currently happening in your life.
The Fundamentals of Reading Oracle and Tarot Cards:
Choosing the Right Oracle or Tarot Deck: Before you dive into card readings, it’s crucial to select a deck that resonates with you. Oracle and tarot decks come in various themes and styles. From angelic and fairy-themed oracle cards to classic Rider-Waite tarot decks. Your choice of deck should reflect your personal beliefs and resonate with your spiritual goals. Take your time with exploring different decks and trust your intuition to guide you in making the right choices.
Cleansing & Dedication: Once you’ve chosen your deck, it’s a good idea to cleanse it of any residual energies and set a clear intention for its use. You can cleanse your cards by smudging them with sage, even palo santo. Or by visualizing a purifying white light surrounding them. This step is essential to ensure that your cards are energetically clear and attuned to your purpose.
Create A Sacred Space: If possible, find a quiet and sacred space where you can immerse yourself in the energy of the cards. This could be a cozy corner in your home, a dedicated altar, or a peaceful outdoor spot. Where you can essentially connect with nature. Creating a sacred space will help you focus and establish a deeper connection with your cards.
Ground & Center: Before you begin a reading, take a few moments to ground yourself and center your energy. Deep breaths and mindfulness (try meditating for 5 minutes), can help you be fully present and open to the guidance your oracle and/or tarot cards will provide.
Ask Clear & Specific Questions: When you’re ready to start your reading, formulate clear and specific questions. The more precise your inquiries, the more targeted and insightful your answers will be.
Whether you seek guidance on a particular situation, a life decision, and/or your spiritual journey – clarity is key.
Shuffle & Draw the Cards: Shuffle the cards while concentrating on your question or intention. Some prefer traditional shuffling techniques, while others go with what feels right for them. Trust your intuition to guide you on when to stop shuffling. And then, draw the number of cards that feel appropriate for your question.
Interpret & Reflect on the Cards for Guidance: Rely on your intuition to interpret the cards’ meanings. But if needed, use the guidebook that comes with your deck. Moreover, pay close attention to your initial thoughts and feelings upon seeing the cards. And, reflect on how the messages relate to your SOUL’s journey thus far. Additionally, if you feel called to do so, meditate on the card’s significance.
- Keeping and maintaining a journal can be a game-changer in your spiritual journey. Therefore, document your readings, insights, and any patterns or synchronicities you observe over time. This will help you track your progress and gain a deeper understanding of the cards’ messages in your life.
- And remember, these cards are tools to help you connect with your inner wisdom. So again, trust your intuition when interpreting the cards and making decisions based on the guidance they provide. Over time, you’ll develop a profound connection with your cards and find that you use them often (respectively and responsibly), as a tool on your spiritual journey.
Practice Regularly: Consistency is key to honing your skills. Thus, regular practice will help you develop a stronger bond with your cards and a deeper connection to your SOUL. So, make card reading a part of your spiritual routine.
Now, let’s explore some popular ways to use oracle and tarot cards for guidance on your spiritual journey:
1. Daily Card Pulls: Begin your day by drawing a single card from your deck. This one card can provide a daily focus or insight to set the tone for your day. Likewise, the card can act as a daily affirmation or inspiration for motivation, helping to raise your vibrations. Gaining a quick perspective on a situation and developing intuitive abilities are also essential benefits of pulling a card on a daily basis.
2. Question-Based Readings: Pose specific questions about your life, relationships, career, or any area of interest. Then, draw cards to receive answers or guidance related to those questions. If possible, avoid questions regarding timing or Assumptions (i.e. when will I get married?).
3. Three-Card Spread: Use a simple three-card spread to gain insight into past, present, and future aspects of a situation. This spread can provide a quick holistic view of your question. Other variations of the 3-card spread include:
- Body, mind, and spirit
- Subconscious, conscious, superconscious
- Child, parent, adult
- Thesis, antithesis, synthesis
- Commencement, opposition, integration
- An idea or plan, criticism, how to use limits
- Maya/illusion, knowledge, magic
4. Celtic Cross Spread: A more complex tarot spread that delves into the intricacies of a situation. The Celtic cross is ideal for deeper exploration and often used for more profound questions. Additionally, oracle cards can be pulled beside the tarot cards to gain more clarity.
5. Relationship Readings: Use the cards to gain clarity and guidance on your relationships, whether they are romantic, familial, or friendships.
What NOT to Use Oracle and Tarot Cards For … Inquiring about another person (i.e. tell me about my Ex and his new Girlfriend or boyfriend).
6. Self-Discovery & SOUL Path Readings: Explore your personal growth and spiritual journey by drawing cards to gain wisdom into your path and purpose in life.
7. Meditation & Contemplation: By Reflecting on the card’s symbolism and how it relates to your current state of mind. The cards can be used as a focal point for meditation or contemplation. Some people even take it a step further and practice creative visualization to form a deeper connection to certain archetypes.
8. Decision-Making: When facing a difficult decision, draw cards to gain clarity on the options available to you and their potential outcomes. But, try to avoid YES/NO or Should I questions.
9. Dream Interpretation: Considered the gateway to the subconscious and superconscious realms, dreams are an effortless way to interact with the Universe. So If you’re curious about the symbolism in your dreams, draw cards to gain insights into their meanings.
Unbeknownst to many, analogies, images, symbols, metaphors, etc., is the ancient language of the unconscious world.
10. Healing & Self-Care: Whether mental, physical or emotional, use the cards to identify areas of your life that may require healing or self-care. Also, the cards can guide you in taking steps to nurturing your overall well-being; Great for things like shadow or inner child work
What NOT to Use Oracle and Tarot Cards For … Anything specifically related to a health condition (i.e. Do I have Cancer?).
11. Seasonal or Lunar Readings: Perform special readings during significant seasons, such as the equinox or solstice, or during lunar phases to align with the energy of these times.
12. Chakra or Energy Readings: Focus on your energy centers (chakras) and draw cards to assess the state of each chakra and identify areas that need balance.
13. Goal Tracking & Progress: Regularly draw cards to track your progress toward a specific goal. The cards can help you stay motivated and adapt your approach as needed.
14. Journaling or Writing Prompts: Draw a card and write about how it relates to your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Hence, using the cards as journaling prompts or even writing prompts for a story.
15. Manifestation & Intention Setting: Draw oracle and tarot cards to help you focus on your intentions and manifest your desires. This can assist in planning and taking the right steps toward your dreams.
What NOT to Use Oracle and Tarot Cards For … Things you have no control or influence over (i.e. will I win the lottery?).
16. Guidance for Others: Offer readings to friends or clients to provide them with guidance and insights into their lives. This is especially relevant for those who use oracle or tarot cards as part of a spiritual practice or profession.
All about Self-reflection, intuition and personal growth. Incorporating oracle and tarot cards into your spiritual journey for SOUL discovery is an exciting and transformative endeavor. Therefore, embrace the process and let the wisdom of the cards guide you. Additionally, remember that the ways you can use oracle and tarot cards for guidance are as diverse as the individuals who use them. So be open to exploring different approaches and finding what works best for you.
Whether you’re seeking clarity on a specific issue or simply looking to connect with your inner self for wisdom. These cards can be valuable tools.
Looking for more ways to enjoy your oracle and tarot cards for a spiritual journey to soul discovery? Then, please don’t forget to subscribe to our email list/newsletter. Also, the sharing of experiences, thoughts, and questions are welcome in the comment section below. With much love, thank you for being here and reading this post.